Masada College welcomes international students from around the globe. Our school is open to any faith. It’s part of the inclusive Jewish culture and a core value of the H.I.V.E.
An international student is a student who is not an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident.
Masada College is registered for a limited number of International Students from Kindergarten to Year 12. Masada College does not receive government subsidies for international students so they must pay full overseas fees published by the College on our website.
It is the responsibility of the international student and their family to arrange and pay for Private Medical Insurance and provide proof of cover to Masada College prior to the CoE and CAAW being issued.
Prospective international students are required to meet the criteria in compliance with the requirements set out by the Department of Education, The Australian Government Department of Jobs and Small Businessand the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS).
Steps to enrolling your child at Masada
Before you arrive for your scheduled appointment at Masada College, please make sure you have the following:
- A completed and lodged Application Form to Masada College with AU$300 Application Fee
- Results from current AEAS test to be provided with application form
- Passport with valid visa to allow you to study in Australia
- Your letter of offer from Masada if you were issued with a CoE while overseas
- Original and a copy of your last two (2) school reports (it would be beneficial to have them translated into English prior to your interview)
- If you are in the country with your parent/s, please bring their passport and visa to allow us to sight the documents and make a copy for your file
Please make sure you have a parent and/or guardian with you for the interview who can speak and understand English.
- Please be aware that you need an appointment to tour Masada College and this can be made by calling the College on +61 2 9449 3744 or emailing the enrolments office on firstname.lastname@example.org
International Student Homestay Requirements
It is the expectation of Masada College, that international students who do not live with a parent(s), arrange a homestay. Masada College is happy to assist with this process.
International Student Airport Pickup
The student will be met at Sydney Airport and driven to the homestay family. There is a charge for this service and additional trips to the airport to deliver or pick up a student will be invoiced to the family at an additional $155.00 (plus GST).
Use of Uber
In most cities, a rider must be at least 18 years of age to have an Uber account and request rides. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by someone 18 years or older on any ride.
International Student Guardian and Welfare Requirements
It is the expectation of Masada College, that international students who enter Australia with a CAAW will engage the services of International Student Alliance (ISA) while studying at Masada College.
International Student Medical Cover
Prior to an offer of enrolment being made, international students must provide evidence of student medical cover for the duration of their studies at Masada College.
International Student Application for Extended Leave
Masada College requests that parents do not plan holidays during Term time, however should there be a situation where a student does require leave outside the school holiday periods an Application for Extended Leave from Attendance Form must be completed at least two week prior to travel and submitted to the Head of Senior School. This form is to be signed by their parent or guardian and submitted along with a copy of flight/travel details.
The form can be downloaded here.
Masada College strongly advises Year 12 students NOT to visit their home country during the academic year. If there is a desire to return home it is recommended this only occur during the mid year break. All Year 12 students must be present for the Valedictory Assembly at the end of Term 3.Year 7 to 11 Students must attend Masada College until the completion of the Academic Year. Any requests for students to return home during the academic year would only be approved on compelling and compassionate grounds.
Masada College Approved International Agents – click here for full list of details
International Student Safety and Studying in Australia
A number of websites offer useful information to international students offering safety advice and important contact details.
- Official Australian Government site for studying in Australia: About Australia and Studying in Australia
- Support for international students
- NSW Fair Trading information to help students understand their consumer rights and responsibilities in NSW
- NSW Fair Trading
- Think Before You Travel
The Overseas Students Ombudsman offers a free and independent service for overseas students who have a complaint or want to lodge an external appeal about a decision made by their private education or training provider. See the Overseas Students Ombudsman website www.oso.gov.au or phone 1300 362 072 for more information.