Masada College Credit Policy
BILLING OF SCHOOL FEES
Fees will be billed four times per calendar year, corresponding to the College terms. Year 12 will be billed three times per year. A final account for incidentals will be sent at the end of the year.
- Fees are payable on or before the first day of each term.
- Fees can be paid by monthly instalments using direct debit authority (DDR) in ten monthly instalments commencing 5 February to 5 November, Kindergarten to Year 11. Year 12 can be paid by monthly instalments using direct debit authority in eight monthly instalments commencing 5 February to 5 September.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Payment may be made by cash, cheque, credit card, direct debit (DDR) monthly instalment or other suitable method as arranged with the College. A surcharge will be applied to payment of fees using a credit card effective from term 1 2017. Subject to change, the credit card fees will be 1% for Visa and MasterCard. The College does not accept American Express.
NOT A CREDIT FACILITY
In relation to payment by Direct Debit (DDR) instalment, please note carefully: the College is not a Credit Facility:
- Payments must parallel the College terms to which the charges relate
- All DDR instalment plans are set up to achieve these parallel payments
- Failure to honour DDR instalment payments may lead to the cancellation of your arrangement, whereupon all outstanding monies will be due and payable immediately
Accounts will be deemed overdue at the expiry of fourteen days from the first day of each term.
- A flat fee of $100.00 may be charged on accounts not paid in accordance with the College credit policy
- Default or dishonour of scheduled payments will be charged a fee of $15.00 per occasion
- A credit card surcharge of 1% per transaction for Visa and MasterCard
END OF TERM REVIEW
If by the end of term, no payment has been received, no payment arrangement agreed with the College, or appropriate communication in place, parents will be notified that enrolment will be subject to suspension within seven days. Suspension will continue until such time as the account is paid or an acceptable payment plan is arranged.
END OF YEAR REVIEW
Where more than one term’s fees are outstanding at December each year, and every opportunity has been given to settle the account, enrolment will be cancelled should no payment arrangement be entered into.
Parents of students who leave the College without extinguishing their debt for fees owing and who make no effort to come to some payment arrangement, will be pursued under due legal process. The College will on-charge parents/guardians any expenses associated with recovery of fees, including interest, debt collection agency fees, commission and legal fees. To enable the necessary processing for fee collection, relevant financial information held by Masada College may be provided to the College legal advisors or debt collectors.
At this time, the Masada College approved debt collection agency is Austral Mercantile Collections Pty Ltd.
WITHDRAWAL OF STUDENT
One full term’s written notice (or one school term’s fees in lieu of notice) is required when withdrawing a student from the College, except in the year prior to Year 7 where two term’s notice in writing must be given. Notice of withdrawal should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact Business Administration if you require further details in relation to the Masada College Credit Policy.
VARIATIONS TO THESE TERMS
- The College reserves the right to vary these terms from time to time
- Advice will be deemed to have been given when the credit policy has been updated on the College website and when posted to the last recorded address for your debtor account